What are the repercussions of TOO MUCH Chlorine?
We all know that Chlorine is needed to sanitize and keep your pool water safe to swim in.
But what are the repercussions of TOO MUCH Chlorine?
Remember Chlorine is after all a chemical.
Exposure to high levels of chlorine can cause lung irritation, skin, and eye damage, and provoke asthma.
Over exposure can lead to:
• Sudden onset of nausea and vomiting.
• Burning sensation in throat
• Itchy eyes
• Difficulty or shallow breathing
• Skin redness
• Dull chest pain.
So you can see the importance of ensuring your Chlorine levels are maintained at recommended levels.
Not only is it bad for your health, but it can be bad for your pool due to the increase in chlorine.
High chlorine levels decrease the pH of your pool's water, making it more acidic. This can result in damage to your pool surface and equipment, making it very costly in the long run.
If at all in doubt, bring in a sample of your pool water to any of our stores, and our friendly staff will be more than happy to check your levels for you. After all safety comes first!